Gosh, what a dissatisfying piece.
- Where’s Safari? Apple makes a browser, too.
- No point of view from people who have switched from IE to Opera, nor life-long Opera users.
- No point of view from people who tried Opera and didn’t like it.
- No real argument as to why one should try Opera. Speed is mentioned, but barely, and only in the context of Opera v. Chrome for the silly “fastest browser on earth” title.
- I tend to dismiss articles out of hand when they mention Netscape. This does provide context, clearly setting it in the 90s, but really it’s been Firefox v. IE for quite some time now.
- Not a lick of information on how Opera will “speed up” their adoption rate in the US. None!
I don’t use Opera, but this is a nothing piece. Why not one about iCab? Or Shiira? All I know by reading this article is that Opera is a web browser and could be fast.